What was the goal of Sprint 1?
To deploy a full stack and save a “work” in a staging capacity with minimal metadata. We will measure success as: being able to deposit something with a title without the stack throwing an error at us.
What is the milestone that this sprint is supporting?
Depositing a work via a UI Dashboard.
Accomplishments of Sprint 1:
- Set up the CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous deployment) pipeline.
- Made the decision to use k3d for local development.
- Made the decision to use Hyrax Helm chart.
- Added TLS certificate and domain for UCSD staging and production environments.
- Enabled deposit of objects via a UI Dashboard.
Did we do everything we set out to accomplish?
Almost. Completing the Comet finalized features list and deploying real background workers will continue on into the next Sprint.
- Getting the staging and production sites in place.
- Persist deposited files into the storage repository.
- Object download.
- Identifier minting for both campuses (ARKs).
CI/CD is a set of methods that enables application developers to deliver code changes more frequently to customers through the use of automation. ↩︎
k3d is a program made for running a Kubernetes cluster in Docker. ↩︎
The Helm chart provides configurable deployments for Hyrax applications to Kubernetes clusters. It seeks to be a complete but flexible production-ready setup for Hyrax applications [https://github.com/samvera/hyrax/tree/master/chart/hyrax]. ↩︎