What was the goal of Sprint 8?
- Support for collections processes
- Batch upload
- Finalize the Comet Feature List document
What is the milestone that this sprint is supporting?
The focus was the continued work on the support for collections processes, (which is an MVP item for us), as well as batch processes for large-scale ingest and large-scale moving of objects through workflow processes and finalizing the Comet Feature List which captures the scope of the Comet platform.
Accomplishments of Sprint 8:
- Completed the default workflow
- Can move Objects through the workflow, up to the completed state
- Workflow states are configurable
- Approved users can Comment, Request Change, or Approve
- Users can see notifications on their dashboard if they have permissions for the Project workflow process
- Can add Objects to multiple Collections
- Can add existing Objects to a Collection
- Can remove Objects from a Collection
- Can edit metadata fields of an existing Object
Did we do everything we set out to accomplish?
No, but we are very close to wrapping up this chunk of work that has been carried over from previous sprints.
- To continue to iron out the details of the collection processes that are super close to being wrapped up.
- The more critical focus at this point is to finish up the batch upload process:
- select metadata manifest
- attach files and add them to collections
- be able to apply project workflow processes
- The assumption is that batch upload will be ready for production after this next sprint, at least at UCSB, so that this process can be used to migrate content.
- Comet Feature List is expected to be finalized by the end of this workcycle.