What was the goal of Sprint 10?
The goals for the sprint included:
- Ingesting objects into Shoreline
- Discussing metadata workflows for ingest
- Discussing platform architecture
- Reviewing the Gap Analysis document once objects are ingested
What is the milestone that this sprint is supporting?
This sprint is supporting the development of a minimum viable product (MVP), which will be the first public release of Shoreline. The MVP includes features identified as “must have”, “should have”, and “nice to have”. To satisfy the release of the MVP, all “must have” features are required to be operational.
Accomplishments of Sprint 9:
The following goals of Sprint 10 were reached:
- Objects were successfully ingested into Shoreline
- Metadata workflows were discussed
- Initial metadata ingest workflows were devised
- Platform architecture was discussed
- After conversations with developers at Princeton and Cornell, Shoreline developers established an initial architecture that will be modified over time
In addition, the following work was completed:
- Enabled continuous delivery
- UCSD prepared for production deployment
Did we do everything we set out to accomplish?
Yes, for the most part. There is a much better understanding of metadata workflows and platform architecture among Shoreline team members. The current ingest workflow will be adjusted over time, but we were finally able to ingest objects. However, there was not enough time within the sprint to review the Gap Analysis following successful ingest, so that task will be moved to the next sprint.